Phoenix Healthcare Centre
Hours of Operation
*Please note that due to COVID-19 and new procedures in our office, our phones hours are subject to change without notice*
Monday to Thursday 9am-4pm (phones are answered 9-12 and 1:30-4)
*EVENING & SATURDAY APPOINTMENTS UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME-PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE TO BOOK*
Monday & Thursday Evenings 5pm-8pm (phones are answered 5pm-8pm)
Saturday 10am-2pm (phones are answered 8:30-1:30)
Phoenix Healthcare Centre
Hours of Operation
*Please note that due to COVID-19 and new procedures in our office, our phone hours are subject to change without notice*
Monday to Thursday 9am-4pm (phones answered 9-12 and 1:30-4)
Phoenix Healthcare Centre-Kitchener office
Most services covered by Ontario Ministry of Health Payment: cash, credit, debit
Dr. Shahzad Bhatty – Family Physician/Medical Director
Dr. Ahmed Mohamed – Family Physician
Dr. Shiva Shayani – Family Physician
Dr. Usman Chaudhry – Endocrinology
Dr. Abraham Popoola – Psychiatry
Commitment to Privacy
The appropriate collection, use and disclosure of patients’ personal health information is fundamental to our day-to-day operations and to patient care.
Protecting the privacy and the confidentiality of patient personal information is important to the physicians and staff at Phoenix Healthcare Centre.
We strive to provide our patients with excellent medical care and service. Every member of Phoenix Healthcare Centre must abide by our commitment to privacy in the handling of personal information. This policy was last modified on June 26, 2014.
What is Personal Health Information?
Personal health information means identifying information about an individual relating to their physical or mental health (including medical history), the providing of health care to the individual, payments or eligibility for health care, organ and tissue donation and health number.
The 10 Principles of Privacy
- Identifying Purposes: Why We Collect InformationWe ask you for information to establish a relationship and serve your medical needs. We obtain most of our information about you directly from you, or from other health practitioners whom you have seen and authorized to disclose to us. You are entitled to know how we use your information and this is described in the Privacy Statement posted at Phoenix Healthcare Centre. We will limit the information we collect to what we need for those purposes, and we will use it only for those purposes. We will obtain your consent if we wish to use your information for any other purpose.
- ConsentYou have the right to determine how your personal health information is used and disclosed. For most health care purposes, your consent is implied as a result of your consent to treatment, however, in all circumstances express consent must be written.Your written Consent will be forwarded to the Privacy Officer who will document the request in patient’s medical records and notify appropriate Health care providers and their supporting staff.Patients who have withdrawn consent to disclose PHI must sign and date the Consent to Withdrawal Form. It is understood that the consent directive applies only to the PHI which the patient has already provided, and not to PHI which the patient might provide in the future: PHIPA permits certain collections, uses, and disclosures of the PHI, despite the consent directive; healthcare providers may override the consent directive in certain circumstances, such as emergencies; and the consent directive may result in delays in receiving health care, reduced quality of care due to healthcare provider’s lacking complete information about the patient, and healthcare provider’s refusal to offer non-emergency care. Your written Consent to Withdrawal Form will be forwarded to the Privacy Officer who will document the request in patient’s medical records and notify appropriate Health care providers and their supporting staff.
- Limiting CollectionWe collect information by fair and lawful means and collect only that information which may be necessary for purposes related to the provision of your medical care.
- AccuracyWe endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your personal information are based upon accurate and timely information. While we will do our best to base our decisions on accurate information, we rely on you to disclose all material information and to inform us of any relevant changes.
If you send us an e-mail message that includes personal information, such as your name included in the “address”, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry. Please remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive, you should not send it electronically unless the e-mail is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access is secure.
- Access and CorrectionWith limited exceptions, we will give you access to the information we retain about you within a reasonable time, upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification.We may charge you a fee for this service and if so, we will give you notice in advance of processing your request.If you find errors of fact in your personal health information, please notify us as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate corrections. We are not required to correct information relating to clinical observations or opinions made in good faith. You have a right to append a short statement of disagreement to your record if we refuse to make a requested change.If we deny your request for access to your personal information, we will advise you in writing of the reason for the refusal and you may then challenge our decision.
Phoenix Healthcare Centre
450 Frederick Street, Suite 301 Kitchener, ON N2H 2P5 519-748-6933If, after contacting us, you feel that your concerns have not been addressed to your satisfaction, you have the right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario. The Commissioner can be reached at:2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Zero Tolerance Policy
Phoenix Healthcare Centre is committed to providing a safe, secure and respectful environment for all patients and staff.
Words or actions that make others feel threatened or demeaned will not be tolerated and decisive action will be taken to protect patients and staff.
Phoenix Healthcare Centre considers the use of inappropriate words, actions or inactions as disruptive behaviour.
- Violence (physical attacks or threats of harm)
- Throwing, damaging property or breaking things
- Unwelcomed physical contact
- Failure to observe policies and/or contracts
- Refusing to leave the property
Inappropriate Words (in person, by phone, or any means of communication):
- Abusive language and yelling
- Disrespectful or demeaning language/comments
- Remarks, jokes or innuendos that degrade, ridicule or offend
- Discriminatory remarks
- Threats or threatening behaviour
- Sexual Harassment
Individual(s) may be asked to leave, the police may be called or the individual(s) may face dismissal from our practice.